William Fichtner talks Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Shredder speaks

Having recently been confirmed as primary bad guy Shredder in Jonathan Liebesman’s forthcoming reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, William Fichtner has shed a little more light on his character and how the project is progressing generally.

“I actually play a guy named Eric Sachs in the movie,” reveals Fichtner. “And then he goes through a few stages in his existence…”

That will be the transformation into Shredder then. The character was initially named Oroku Saki in the comic books, so Eric Sachs sounds like a westernisation of that moniker.

Turtles is coming together very, very cool,” continues Fichtner. “There is a whole interesting dynamic that happens in the world of the Turtles and all I can really say about it at this point is that it’s not like anything that I remember about the Turtles before.”

Don’t say that too loudly, William. You’ll upset the fanboys… Co-starring Megan Fox, Will Arnett and Whoopi Goldberg, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will open in the US on 6 June 2014 with a UK date to be confirmed.

What do you think of Fichtner's comments? Tell us, below!

Comments

• thechief90

Jul 2nd 2013, 9:41

Whose Whoopi playing? Splinter?

• marvelboy

Jul 2nd 2013, 10:31

Whoopi Goldberg ? Since when was this announced @thechief90 that would be hilarious

• marvelboy

Jul 2nd 2013, 10:38

A quick internet search later and I find this quote: "Word is Whoopi is playing Bernadette Thompson, the boss at Channel 6 news. Long-time Turtle fans will recognize that name as a female twist on Burne Thompson"

Jul 2nd 2013, 14:37

Easiest way to defeat him is to push more than 5 sheets of paper at him, he shuts down after that. ....aaand I'm outta here!

• Mattsimus

Jul 2nd 2013, 19:12

Wait wait I got it............. He's The Paper Shredder!!!............................................................ N I'm quickly following Hadouken76 outta the door! Haha XMX

• jodiespade

Jul 3rd 2013, 4:48

my friend's step-aunt makes $75 an hour on the internet. She has been unemployed for eight months but last month her paycheck was $16799 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more here ... www.cnn13.cℴm