Wolverine has multiple secret endings

Collect them all!

Fox really wants you to go and see Wolverine.

Director Gavin Hood has announced that the studio has inserted several hidden endings into different prints of the film and different theatres will be showing different versions.

It’s a move similar to Marvel’s Iron Man Samuel L Jackson cameo, which was absent from the preview versions of the flick. But on a much larger scale.

We know that one ending features Deadpool, but reports are so far unconfirmed that Odeon cinemas will feature a bit where Wolverine eviscerates the Pirate Bay four, confusing them for whoever it was that leaked his movie.

[Source: Firstshowing]

Will you go and see Wolverine? Tell us below!

Comments

• dholleyuk

Apr 27th 2009, 12:36

A different ending per cinema? Do Fox really think that fans or cinema goers are really going to go to different cinemas to see different endings? And surely this is going to effect the balance of the film and therefore adjust the review ratings depending on whether the critic went to cinema A rather then cinema B? To be fair to FOX that p**ses me off so much that I really cant be bothered to see the film now! Shame they didnt just "CUT" or "SLASH" the price of the ticket with different Wolverine offers

• mantyl0461

Apr 27th 2009, 12:39

that kind of rocks but it also sucks because i wont know which movie theater to go to if i want to see an alternate ending and then what if i go to a movie theater with the same ending.

• niannah

Apr 27th 2009, 14:31

I think that's pretty cool. I assume it'll just be a very short ending part, maybe post-credits like in Iron Man, and they'll all be on the DVD or something. Because I will draw the line at going to several cinemas to see different endings...

• asfm1

Apr 27th 2009, 15:06

It's definitely going to be post-credits (words like hidden and secret are used, so that's pretty obvious), and, just like the Iron Man scene they reference, it'll surely just hint at things to come in the next film. It won't affect anyone's experience of the film at all. And out of all of Fox's attempts to make more money, this is the least invasive. I mean, I'd much rather have optional secret endings to encourage repeat viewings than have the film me a 90 minute PG13. Oh, wait...

• RobbyRichmond

Apr 27th 2009, 17:35

tsk i dunno, post credit hook up with stark or fury seems likely with the avengers on the table as it is... more likely that its additional gambit footage... still, tickles me pink to think that cinema goers are considered so dumb that they might consider seeing the movie 4 times... Fox are out of control for the most part, they've no clear strategy where they're going with the xmen universe(the loss of singer to the franchise was a killer blow) and seem far more concerned with making wheelbarrow loads of wonga rather than telling stories...

• scabo33

Apr 27th 2009, 19:29

Its all viral marketing to save the massive blow it suffered..

• SCQ47

Apr 28th 2009, 0:15

Bloody pointless feature for the theater because no one in their right mind is going to pay for this. Slap in on the Director's Cut Blue Ray and be done with it. In general, this movie just needs to go away already.

• punchdrunklove

Apr 28th 2009, 10:47

KERCHING!!!!

• melody4love

Apr 29th 2009, 5:13

How tall he is ? I saw many hot photos of him with some hot model on a tall dating site,seems he is famous there. I forget the site name, but in all tall people places, only ____Tallmingle.com___ is better, maybe he dates with models there.

• godofhaircare

May 1st 2009, 11:47

***SPOLIER*** The screening I saw, the post credits bit had Wolverine in a Japanese bar saying that he was drinking to remember. anyone seen anything different?

• scamster

May 1st 2009, 14:05

Fox - Cheap and dirty!!! Just like Fox news so shouldn't be surprised, hey it's a Murdoch company :(

• scamster

May 1st 2009, 14:05

• ashspear

May 3rd 2009, 13:13

I stayed all the way through the credits having heard that there was an extra bit (which also meant that all my friends and wife stayed - and the people sitting in front of me who I assured would see something good) - and all we got was the Japan bit, which seemed a bit pointless! I hope there is a different extra ending, otherwise don't bother hanging on like a numpty!

• Mattsimus

May 20th 2009, 22:50

I saw the end with stryker getting arrested...im guessing everyone else saw that too? or is that in every released version? either way it was a tad like eeeerr so what? you come back for x2 dont ya and your still working for the government!!! DUH!!!