World Exclusive Watchmen Clip!

Updated: Two more clips from the movie!

totalfilm.com has got its internet-comedy-weaving hands on some glorious exclusive Watchmen footage, and we figured it’d only be fair to share it with our friends: you lot.

All of Zack Snyder’s trademarks are present and correct, but what are you doing reading us describe it? Click on the player below and watch it!

Update: Warner Bros has released two new clips. See them below:

Comments

• AYBGerrardo

Feb 17th 2009, 17:12

For those who don't know, the guy who just jumped (the Comedian) proceeds to attack the rioters. Nite Owl's "no need for violence" v/o should perfectly counter it. Great stuff.

• Rofang

Feb 17th 2009, 18:04

Uhh... wow. I know it's a short clip, but I'm underwhelmed. The music, while grounding the scene in the 70s, seems to make the riot scene inappropriately mirthful. Dan's voice sounds... off somehow, and the timing of the molotov seems weird. Then you've got the completely pointless slow-mo on the leap down which does nothing but eat up time (I thought Snyder was supposed to be using slow-mo judiciously this time). I can only hope this was a rough edit. Eesh.

• Rofang

Feb 17th 2009, 18:06

• red157

Feb 17th 2009, 20:20

I think Rofang has been preparing for the worst for a while. Honestly, it's what, thirty seconds? The pointless slo-mo was well... pointless. That aside, my excitement hasn't particularly lessened.

• CatSchrodinger

Feb 18th 2009, 3:20

What the hell is that music?! They couldn't have come up w/ something better from *that* decade?! [something a bit less Brick House? a bit less, 'I'll riot, so long as I get to bring the Funk'] I agree w/ the other posters, too - the slomo was painfully boy-with-his-toy-ish, and I was expecting something a bit stronger than 'Damnit' from The Comedian! [Although I suppose you compensate for all the 'goshdarnits' and 'geewillickers' if you then proceed to [as I believe the vernacular has it] 'smack some b***hes up.'] Having said that, my shamelessness means I am still going to see it. If only in the hope that we get another charming up-crotch shot of JDM, flying majestically through the air... wondering where the cup ends and he begins...

• mattburgess

Feb 18th 2009, 12:21

If you look closely, it's not slow motion. Zack Snyder got around his own decision not to use slow motion by telling his actors to do everything really slowly, so that he could film it in real time.

• red157

Feb 18th 2009, 13:35

Looking closely... Yes, he is descending on an invisible escalator. Snyder's pulling out all the stops.

• squirebrown

Feb 19th 2009, 15:45

oh god this is going to suck - not very constructive i know but now that ***spoiler alert**** it's been revealed elsewhere that the bombs go off across the world, the whole ending of the book with the russian s reconciling with america is it's hour of need is spoilt

• MisterEf

Feb 19th 2009, 21:27

Is it just me or have a lot of people decided they are going to hate this film no matter what and just take the p*ss out of it? Who cares if its slow motion when he jumps, it looks cool. So there.

• red157

Feb 20th 2009, 16:34

I thought the **Spoiler** ending was only changed by having Veidt change what he uses to attack New York (So not the 'alien'). Haven't heard anything about multiple bombs in the summaries I've read.

• paddydebeast

Feb 22nd 2009, 3:09

People are going off on one about this movie - wait til you actually see it before sticking the knife in!!! Great book, hopefully a good/very good movie....can't wait for the Doc Manhattan origin sequence-most amazing in the book...WATCHMEN is nearly here!!!Nice.