World War Z full-length trailer: watch online now

Brad Pitt faces a zombie apocalypse

World War Z teased us with a glimpse of footage earlier this week, and a full-length trailer has now been released that you can watch online right here.

Until the first snippet of footage was revealed, it was eerily quiet on the World War Z front. No poster, no teaser trailer… heck, not even any sign of official stills.

Rumours circulated that Damon Lindelof’s appointment as script rewriter spelt trouble but the fact that everything thus far had been kept under wraps makes the first trailer all the more explosive.

Quite simply, it looks like zombie action on the biggest scale ever seen. The charging hordes - toppling buses, scaling defensive walls and generally sprinting with the vigour of the Olympics’ finest - amass in ridiculous numbers, causing an uncontrollable tidal wave of destruction.

Posing a genuine threat on a worldwide scale, Z looks to be a wholly different strain of zombie film.

Watch the full World War Z trailer now:

[The above video is UK exclusive. Other territories can view the trailer oniTunes Movie Trailers]

Judging from this footage, the film has eschewed the book’s multiple-voiced narrative recounting of the Zombie War, in favour of a straighter telling.

And if anyone was worried that there wouldn’t be any room for brains or heart amid the undead shuffling, Brad Pitt looks to be grounding the action in the kind of overwrought family-man-turned-hero role that you could really root for under these circumstances.

World War Z opens in the UK (and US) on 21 June 2012.

Have you been infected by the World War Z bug? Tell us below…

Comments

• matthewtilt

Nov 9th 2012, 9:14

I'm glad it's coming out in June 2012, gives me an excuse to finish that time machine

• paddyg11

Nov 9th 2012, 10:04

I must confess to changing my position (at least somewhat) compared to the horrible things I said about the teaser for the trailer for the trailer.. This looks pretty swish. I think, as zombie films go, it could be pretty cool. But it just shouldn't have THAT title...

• simonnomis

Nov 9th 2012, 10:36

This seems to have nothing whatsoever to do with the book.

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Nov 9th 2012, 10:50

@paddyg11 - I think thats exactly the opinion I have now. I almost hate myself for saying it, but It looks pretty damn cool, It just isnt WWZ. The zombies looks a little cartoonish in places which is a slight worry but not nearly as bad as the atrocity that was I Am Legend. I think this looks fun

• thedanieljson

Nov 9th 2012, 11:22

Looks pretty epic. Not sure about the CGI though, the zombies, particularly towards the end when they're all climbing on eachother, look as if they hold no weight.

• badger86

Nov 9th 2012, 11:43

Look's poo, and very PG-13,

• alisonpenn

Nov 9th 2012, 14:28

It looks like it has not one thing to do with the book. The story line doesn't even look like it's one of the many that are in the book. I may be a zombie film but it looks like it's going to be missing the point of it's source material which is a shame cause they could have made a really original film if it was based on the book. This just looks a bit like everything else but on a bigger scale. I guess I 'll have to wait and see but I'm not excited about this film anymore. :(

• FBMRebelo

Nov 9th 2012, 18:22

>Fast zombies >Only one man can save us >Automatic weapons >Endhiran-style zombie waves >Children No sir, I don't like it...

• Mings

Nov 9th 2012, 18:55

I've not read the book or anything, so from a strictly objective point of view I'm quietly optimistic about this one. Also, as in keeping with trailers for most things, it's likely that all we see here are examples of the mass carnage on offer. There's no hint of what might be going on behind the scenes, so this film could surprise. On an unrelated not, can whoever came up with the idea of soundtracking trailers for this kind of thing with a foghorn type thing (a la Prometheus), please stop it.

• CLEVERSLEAZOID

Nov 9th 2012, 19:26

@Mings, the foghorn thing? Try a la Alien instead. Just something else being recycled and re-used. As for WWZ, the film looks dire. As thedanieljson put, the zombies don't look like they have any weight. The CGI looks pretty bland to me. Just another well known piece of zombie media being torn apart and re-hashed for a quick buck.

• Mings

Nov 9th 2012, 20:21

Of course @CLEVERSLEAZOID, point well made regarding the foghorn. I just wish that if they are going to use it that they would use it on films of all genres. A trailer for a romantic comedy, for example. 'This summer' HONK! 'Comes a film to warm your heart' HONK! 'With the one man's love' HONK! 'For his sheepdog friend' HONK! 'One Man In His Dog' HONK! HONK! HONK! HONK!

Nov 9th 2012, 20:25

Just makes me think of I Am Legend.

• ganjamancer

Nov 9th 2012, 21:40

I understand that Pitt experiences some of the things that happened in the book and the news covers other things that happened in the book. Obviously we are not getting the individualized stories, which is too bad, but supposedly the Battle of Yonkers is a major part of the movie. I'm looking forward to it. Somebody still needs to shoot Max Brooks book though.

• loveroflostgirl

Nov 10th 2012, 10:28

This doesn't look as bad as i feared it might but nothing about it seems to actually be from the book which is very sad. Also when it comes to the zombies themselves it's time to go back to the old school, to quote Sean Connery in The Untouchables "Enough of this running s**t!"

Nov 10th 2012, 16:51

So its basically Spielbergs version of War of the Worlds. Meets Land of the Dead.