X-Men First Class image shows off entire cast

Very shadowy first look

x-men first class

Yes, this is pretty much the entire principal cast of Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class, all lined up in one uber-moody image.

The first official glimpse we’ve had of the comic adap’s leads (and in costume), this image shows off them all.

From left to right, there’s Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Lucas Till as Havoc, Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvadore, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, and James McAvoy as Charles Xavier.

A far cry from most of the promotional artwork of the previous X-Men films, this image – bizarrely – most resembles the lazy horror artwork made popular by the Scream films, in which the cast are all photoshopped together.

Not that it’s all bad - Jennifer Lawrence, in particular, is the spitting image of Rebecca Romijn’s older Mystique.

But January Jones looks more like she’s starring in a remake of I Dream Of Jeannie, while Nicholas Hoult as Beast is barely perceptible in the background – a higher resolution image should give us a better look.

As a first look, it’s slightly disappointing – the cast seem like they’re in a firing squad line-up. But we hold out hope for Vaughn’s adap – this is the guy who made Kick-Ass, after all.

Like it or loathe it? Drop us your thoughts on the image below...

Comments

• TheDRQ

Jan 19th 2011, 8:47

Well I can't say I am disappointed. What did you expect from a cast of pretty much unknowns? Of course it looks like c**p, nobody (character or actor) are recoginizable. The exception is of course Mystique who looks phenominal. I was never giving this movie much of a chance to begin with, but I never judge a movie until I see it, and being a life long X-Fan, I'm sure I'll see it anyways

• apbgreen

Jan 19th 2011, 9:23

According to 'other sources' this image is a leak and not official. The actual official first image release is apparently due soon so I'll reserve judgement until then.

• Jeffbiscuits

Jan 19th 2011, 9:26

Obviously Mystique learned to use her mutant power to shrink her forehead a bit by the time of the first X-men movie.

• ChrisWootton

Jan 19th 2011, 9:31

a cast of pretty much unknowns? Do you actually go to the cinema?

• Wickerman

Jan 19th 2011, 11:14

Dude, bunch of Unknown's...Michael Fassbender, c'mon! Ever hear of a movie called 'Hunger'?

• Hypsomnia

Jan 19th 2011, 11:49

This makes my bad feeling worse now.

• KingofSpain

Jan 19th 2011, 13:04

As much as Total Film despises the film, X-Men The Last Stand 's make-up department absolutely nailed it when it came to Kelsey Grammar's Beast. And from what little I can make out from the above picture, Vaughan hasn't even come close with his Beast.

• DanRose

Jan 19th 2011, 13:18

The DRQ... cast of unknowns? Think someone wrote on Daddys laptop before school this morning....

• Bennyj75

Jan 19th 2011, 13:30

Sorry, but anyone who considers X2 (generally considered one of the best comic-book movies ever) to be "terrible" needs SERIOUS cranial-examination...... Personally, I think the photo (albeit unofficial) looks pretty good, very similar to the original X-Men poster.....

• KerrAvon

Jan 19th 2011, 13:32

Are you someone aint pulling your leg TF? As this pic doesn't look genuine. Oh and it isn't just TF who hates X-Men 3, that film was terrible despite Kelsey Grammar and Ellen Page being in it.

• MadMatt

Jan 19th 2011, 17:07

Blimey! January Jones' costume makes me wish they were filming this in 3D...

Jan 20th 2011, 4:09

There goes my intrigue for the movie :( Although I might give it a look just to gaze at Betty Draper.

• Monkeynuts30

Jan 20th 2011, 6:39

*sigh* I guess it was too much to expect for X-Men: First Class to actually consist of the first x-men, wasn't it? Line up should really be Angel, Beast (without the blue fur, that came later), Iceman, Jean Grey and Cyclops. I can only hope the villains enliven the movie to the point of watchable-ness. Should really have picked Black Tom and Juggernaut as the baddies.

• NatGr07

Jan 20th 2011, 7:32

I am not sure about success of all this, terrible miscasting:)