Jim Carrey appears to be back to his box office topping ways after some troubled films – Yes Man nabbed the top spot across the pond this weekend with $18.1 million.
It wasn’t exactly a busy weekend at the box office – but the films have time to develop as Christmas arrives. Second place went to Seven Pounds, the new drama starring Will Smith, which made $16 million.
In third was The Tale Of Despereaux, the adventurous mouse ‘toon, which took in $10.5 million. It pushed The Day The Earth Stood Still down to fourth, dropping 66% to make $10.1 million in its second weekend.
Four Christmases nabbed fifth place, adding $7.7 million and nudging it over the $100 million mark in total.
The full top 10 can be found below:
- Yes Man ($18.1 million)
- Seven Pounds ($16 million)
- The Tale Of Despereaux ($10.5 million)
- The Day The Earth Stood Still ($10.1 million)
- Four Christmases ($7.7 million)
- Twilight ($5.2 million)
- Bolt ($4.2 million)
- Slumdog Millionaire ($3.1 million)
- Australia ($2.3 million)
- Quantum Of Solace ($2.1 million)
[Source: Box Office Mojo]