Zac Efron confirms Star Wars: Episode VII meeting

“It would be cool…”

Zac Efron has confirmed that he has met with Disney for a role in Star Wars: Episode VII.

During a promotional tour for raunchy romcom That Awkward Moment, Efron and co-stars Michael B. Jordan and Miles Teller were asked by MTV’s Josh Horowitz about who’d be most likely to appear in Star Wars (given their current statuses, it’s easy to imagine them all being in with a shot).

Efron admitted, “Yeah, I just went and met with them. So I don't know. It would be cool. I love [the Star Wars movies], I love them, but… who knows?"

According to previous auditionee Saoirse Ronan, Star Wars is “something that everyone’s gone up for,” so as of now, it’s hard to predict the likelihood of Efron actually signing on the dotted line.

While his High School Musical background would no doubt be the centre of uproar from certain quarters, he has been tackling more diverse, adult material of late, including That Awkward Moment, and the upcoming Bad Neighbours (in which he plays Seth Rogen’s douchey neighbour).

With director J.J. Abrams known for keeping his cards close to his chest, we could be waiting for an official Star Wars casting announcement for some time. Until then, check out our epic video series, in which we ask some of the biggest stars in movieland if they’d be up for getting involved.

Star Wars: Episode VII opens on Friday 18 December 2015.

Could you picture Efron in Star Wars? Tell us below…

Comments

Feb 1st 2014, 14:48

No Zac, it wouldn't be cool at all.

• RKman

Feb 1st 2014, 15:03

I think it's great for him to play star wars, He looks a "little" bit like Luke, so if he do be cast in star wars, my guess is he'll be Luke's son

• BobTheSkull

Feb 1st 2014, 15:40

I find your lack of faith disturbing..... It's sad how some actors are continuously brought down by people because of the work they did that got them started. So what if he did HSM and was a 'tween' idol? It should be about whether they can act outwith that niche. I've seen a few things he's been in, and even though the films themselves were not all that great, he was actually decent considering what everyone expects. I'm more worried about how Jessie Luthor is going to work than this bit of 'maybe' news will pan out.

• taylorjames

Feb 1st 2014, 17:18

Personally I prefer "unknowns" cast in big film franchises like this otherwise the role becomes more about the actor than the character.

• Cmurdoch1

Feb 1st 2014, 17:50

It's just like Saoirse Ronan says, the new Star Wars films are going to be something that everyone in the industry will want to be a part of. Just because he's met with people doesn't mean he's going to be in it. And even if he is, what suggests he wouldn't do an excellent job? Everyone has to start off somewhere.

• marc96

Feb 1st 2014, 20:39

I haven't really liked much he's been in but that's more to do with the films than him, I think he could actually be rather good in it

Feb 2nd 2014, 14:11

lol I didn't realize Jackman's career was in such a bad stage that he needed to troll websites with spam.

• tanyarenee22

Feb 3rd 2014, 20:14

PLEASE WATCH MY AUDITION FOR STAR Wars on YOUTUBE!!! TYPE IN "STAR WARS EPISODE VII AUDITION RACHEL - TANYA" THANK YOU! PLEASE SHARE!!!