Zoe Saldana joins Machete Kills

And Danny Trejo gets to kiss her

Robert Rodriguez has been busily assembling a crack squad of leading ladies for his next directorial outing, with Zoe Saldana the latest Hollywood starlet to sign on for Machete Kills.

Saldana joins Jessica Alba, Sofia Vergara, Amber Heard and Michelle Rodriguez for the B-movie follow-up, and star Danny Trejo is understandably thrilled by the lineup.

Machete Kills
will see Trejo's character hired by the US government to battle his way through Mexico in order to thwart an arms dealer with plans to launch a weapon into space. That would be the "over-the-top" element Trejo referred to, then…

Machete Kills
has yet to receive an official release date, but is expected to arrive in the first half of 2013. And did we mention, Mel Gibson's in it? We really should have done...

Are you more excited for Machete Kills or Sin City 2? Tell us, below...

Comments

• EddieFelson

May 26th 2012, 8:54

" Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez and Zoe Saldana. And guess what? I get to kiss all of ‘em." You lucky Fu*k!

• marc96

May 26th 2012, 20:37

@eddiefelson i definitely agree, hes one lucky fu*k..... i want his job lol :D

• marc96

May 26th 2012, 22:59

i dont really give a c**p, because like you said hes not gay, you prlck oh look i can name call too you tiny little weasel who has to comment after every single comment as if its been written personally to you

May 27th 2012, 1:18

lol Danny Trejo is a mack daddy.

• EddieFelson

May 27th 2012, 10:01

@KOC - Firstly I wouldn’t give a sh*t if he was gay, I would still think he is a luck b*****d for getting to kiss these beautiful actresses! Secondly, Amber Heard is gay or Bisexual (sorry for mentioning the B word I hope it doesn’t result in another triad of abuse, which seems to have calmed down a bit now) either way she has made no secret of her relationship with Tasya van Reeanyway, And finally it's all speculation as you and I don’t know for a fact that Trejo' isn’t gay, do you know him? No you know what other people tell you about him in the media, so before you get on your fu*king soapbox THINK then comment and people will stop calling you a troll etc

• EddieFelson

May 28th 2012, 8:17

The clue is in the title of his profession ACTOR! He doesn’t have to be either straight or gay to do his job! And no I don’t feel sorry for him and neither would you if you had half a working brain cell.

• writerdave87

May 28th 2012, 22:50

Dirk Bogarde never admitted he was gay. How the hell do you figure he was 'out and proud'? Danny Trejo is married, and has children by several different women, one of which he has a tattoo of on his chest. He really isn't gay. And as for you calling someone an idiot in the same paragraph as suggesting JIM PARSONS should be in MACHETE is spectacularly retarded even by your standards. You'd feel sorry for a gay guy being surrounded by women? Wtf? Did your mother smoke crack while she was pregnant with you?

• marc96

May 29th 2012, 6:36

@koc you say why cant those actors be their true gay self on screen? well maybe the answer is that they are actors who pick the roles, the people making the film aren't going to turn around and say ""hmm we've got Neil Patrick Harris, we better change the script so that we can make his character gay now"".

• writerdave87

May 29th 2012, 6:46

Of course Dirk Bogarde was gay, but he lived in an age where it was illegal for him to admit it and it made him sacrifice a hell of a lot for privacy. He had one iconic gay role. He didn't 'live his true gay self on screen', you delusional moron. You don't tell the truth by anyone's experience, you just vomit out whatever drifts through your fat little bald head and then throw a hissy fit when anyone calls you on just how much fetid c**p you're actually talking.

• EddieFelson

May 29th 2012, 8:57

@ KOC this is the subject matter - "[It] is going to be a lot more over-the-top than Machete," says Trejo. "We’ve got Sofia Vergara, who is a star in her own right, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez and Zoe Saldana. And guess what? I get to kiss all of ‘em." I commented on a personal level, yes I would love that job, no I don’t feel sorry for people of a gay persuasion nor do I have empathy for heterosexual or bisexual people of certain persuasion... does that make me a bad person or does it mean I’m a psychotic lunatic baying for the blood of people who don’t agree with me? Live and let live, you would be a much happier person if you didn’t subscribe to the every one out here is out to get me philosophy; you might even start to like yourself? not everyone is as narrow minded as you, some people don’t have the same prejudices as you and if you want to get on in life you should grow up and realise that!

• EddieFelson

May 29th 2012, 9:25

Just to make you realise how dumb you are - "I dont think Amber Heard is that good of a actress (although I do think is was only very good in 2009" No comment needed!

• writerdave87

May 29th 2012, 19:19

You're only a happy person because you don't actually realise what a disgusting, hateful, unpleasant little s****e you actually are.

• MoodyMonkey

May 29th 2012, 21:51

@The KOCk go away and 'love yourself' some more you sad c**t.

• ChrisWootton

May 30th 2012, 9:55

Yeah I bet Danny Trejo is a lovely bloke.. especially when he was committing armed robbery... you f*****g moron. And who gives a f**k if he's gay or not? what a completely retarded comment.. why is Eddie an extremely bad person? You make me want to give up on life with your comments you really do. You should be ashamed of yourself for inciting so much hatred.