Zoe Saldana talks Gamora’s look in Guardians Of The Galaxy

“She just needs to be pretty”

Zoe Saldana has been discussing the input she had into the look of her Guardians Of The Galaxy character, Gamora, revealing that, “she just needs to be pretty”.

Not that Gamora isn’t a strong character in her own right, or even that Saldana is unnaturally preoccupied with her looks… she just thinks it important to give the target audience what it wants!

“That’s usually a thing that I don’t think about with other characters that I play,” says the star, “but for some reason because I was going to be green and I was going to be the lead girl, I just wanted teenage boys to find me attractive.”

“I don’t know why I was stressing this a lot but I really was when we were testing. That’s where I was coming from, everybody else was just like, ‘Contacts?  Do we dye the hair?  Wig? No wig? What color hair? How long is it?’ I’m like, ‘Pretty. Teenage boys, please. We gotta get their vote.’”

Canny marketing ploy there, Zoe. Directed by James Gunn and co-starring Chris Pratt, Bradley Cooper and Dave Bautista, Guardians Of The Galaxy will open in the UK on 1 August 2014.

What do you think of Gamora's finished look? Tell us, below!

Comments

• SiMan

Jul 9th 2014, 13:09

As Ali hasn't done it yet, i'll go on his behalf.......Schwing!

• marleyhannan

Jul 9th 2014, 13:30

I mean, its her choice as an actress regarding her look, but, I mean, is that all that she wanted to do? Titillate teenaged boys? Really? That kind of makes me sad and worried about comic book movies nowadays. Maybe unnecessarily, but I don't know.

Jul 9th 2014, 15:02

Schwing indeed. So basically what I took from her words is she wants teenage boys to fap to Gamora?

• priscillamayer

Jul 9th 2014, 17:18

I just bought a brand new Maserati after having made $8072 this past 4 weeks and just over 10k last month. This is the best and most financially rewarding job I’ve ever had. I actually started this few months ago and almost immediately started to bring home minimum $81 p/h. I use details from this webpage>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ­w­­­w­w.­M­O­N­­­­­e­­­­y­k­­­­­i­­n­.­C­­­­­­­O­­­­M­­­

• CaptainCrazy

Jul 9th 2014, 18:11

If a dude said that then he would be on talk shows now making apologies. Eh, mr. Franco?

Jul 9th 2014, 19:59

That's a good point Captain. Imagine Chris Pratt was going around saying he hopes that teenage girls think he looks hot as Star Lord, he'd be getting vilified by everyone.

• vincevega

Jul 10th 2014, 16:39

Not that crazy cap'... you're spot on!