Zombieland tore a chunk from the US box office this weekend, storming into first place with $25 million.
The hilarious zom-com clearly hit the spot for audiences, and Sony will be smiling too - as Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs continued to hold strong at second spot, giving the studio a one-two box office punch.
On the animation front, the 3D re-release of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 arrived in third place with $12.5 million.
There was less good news for Ricky Gervais as The Invention Of Lying could only muster a fourth place launch and $7.4 million. That left Surrogates to slip to fifth place with $7.3 million.
And falling on its face? That would sadly be Drew Barrymore's roller comedy-drama Whip It, which was battered and bruised as it arrived in sixth with $4.8 million - tied with Michael Moore's Capitalism: A Love Story, which was in its second week.
The top 10, then:
- Zombieland ($25 million)
- Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs ($16.7 million)
- Toy Story/Toy Story 2 (3D) $12/5 million
- The Invention Of Lying ($7.4 million)
- Surrogates ($7.3 million)
- Whip It ($4.8 million)
- Capitalism: A Love Story ($4.8 million)
- Fame ($4.7 million)
- The Informant! ($3.8 million)
- Love Happens ($2.7 million)
[Data Source: Box Office Mojo]